Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The puppets and I were having a nice conversation

I was contacted by a friend from high school who wondered if I would be willing to make some puppets for a friend of hers. Would I!? I was delighted and excited that someone wanted me to specially make puppets! Since I wanted to learn how to make foam head puppets, I decided now was a great time to experiment. Here is what I've come up with.
The whole time I was working on this one, he reminded me of Guy Smiley whom I had fond Sesame Street memories of. I instantly liked him from the moment his green foam head shape was cut out.
This one I wanted to have some glam. I tried to make lips but they all just looked funny, so I made sure she got some glamour in her eyes. I love the eyelashes and the purple eyelids. I think I might make a different dress for her. This on is too big. Glamorous puppet hair is tricky so she got chunky yarn. I love chunky yarn hair for puppets.

I have one more puppet in this collection and it's my favorite: the baby. Unfortunately, I'm not satisfied with any of my current hair options, so I'll be visiting a craft store next week when we go to Kansas City. Photos will be coming as soon as I have her hair done. Hurray!

2 comments:

Kristen P. said...

I'm artistically challenged...You never cease to amaze me!

Anonymous said...

Wow these are great! These are not the folks who bought your house are they?
Dad