Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cousins Book and scrapbooking

My family is having a reunion this summer and it will be the first time the Babe will meet cousins, aunts and uncles. To help her not feel like everyone is a stranger I made a book just for her.
Every family has a two page spread and every cousin has an individual photo. It's a pretty simple book and was quick to put together. Some of the pictures are poor quality, but I'll take new ones this summer. I took many photos from the computer where the resolution is 72 dpi and printed them, where the resolution is 300 dpi. But I don't care. The point is to recognize faces, and the babe LOVES the book. It's totally cute how she points at faces. To fill up the book I printed a couple other pages that I had made in the past that I thought might interest her.

As I was looking through digital scrapbook pages I had made over the past two years, I realized how many pages I'd actually made. I make pages for work periodically to advertise whatever fonts we are currently promoting. Some of my layouts I do in a rush and am kind of embarrassed with the final, but many of them I like and they just sit in folders on my computer collecting digital dust. I thought I'd post some of those for rememberance sake.



This silly face layout I printed and added to the Cousin book. The Babe seeks out this page and points at each face and sticks her tongue out. It cracks me up!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost thou makest me a believer in digital scrapbooking. Very impressive. I assume a lot of the pieces are available from your employer...? It looks like it takes a fairly high Photoshop skill level to make it work.
Dad

Britta said...

The level of photoshop skill required is variable. There are a lot of aids on the market, like premade templates that you just mask your photos into and change the text in the textboxes. These that I made were pretty Photoshop intensive, I guess. I don't even think about it. It doesn't seem complicated to me anymore.