Sunday, February 07, 2010

Baking Hiatus

I broke my pattern and didn't bake something new this week. The week started off with a sick Babe and ended with a sick Babe and a sick Mama. Blech.

On the up side I made a new soup. Not only did I make it, I made it up! Hurray for making new recipes. There's a restaurant chain in the Twin Cities called Eddington's and they make some really yummy soups. One of our favorites (after the Boundary Water Wild Rice and the Wisconsin Cheddar Cheese) is the White Chicken Chili. It's rich and creamy and mmm mmm good. After some research, I learned that they put cream in it and Swiss cheese, so I decided to make up the rest!
It was fun and so yum. The clincher that made the recipe awesome was lime juice. Yum. Maybe I'll post the recipe later. Or maybe I'll keep it a secret and leave people to wonder at it's deliciousness.

1 comment:

Trent said...

I have made over a half a dozen soups this winter (which is a lot for me) and I'm always thrilled at how good soups from scratch taste and feel. Although my standards may be low as I compare them to canned soups which set a very low bar. ;)