Saturday, April 20, 2013

Garden: Version 2013


I am attempting a garden once again. This time I've planted more seeds than ever before, but I don't yet have a place in my rented yard to put them. Hopefully that will be remedied within a couple weeks with a garden box.


I'm excited for my tomatoes. If all else fails, I want my tomatoes to work. I also have peppers, peas, basil, cucumbers, sunflowers, zinnias, marigolds and I plan on planting onions and other flowers as soon as the weather is right outside.


My 3 year-old is really excited about the plants. I let her pick out one of the planting kits for her to take responsibility of. She picked more sunflowers and planted a handful of the seeds in one pot. I think it's time to repot them.


Now if only we could get the weather to cooperate. Winter, go away! We want the sun!

1 comment:

Galen said...

Little plants in pots are such hopeful things. Early in our marriage we had many, many small potted plants. I made a special frame to put in our kitchen window that would hold 10-15 small pots. It seems that as our number of children increased - our pots decreased. The care and feeding of kids came first. Hopefully you can care for both.