Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Wallflowers

Shortly after we moved in, I decided I had to make big flowers to add some color to the vast whiteness in the Babe's new room.
I had envisioned just what I wanted, but decided to look online to see if there were some examples of how to do it. I couldn't find any examples of just what I wanted. I found some tiny wire flowers with stretched sheer fabric, but I wanted quilting fabric. So I made it up.

I must say, I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. They've really cheered up the room. I still want to make a few more smaller ones to trail around the wall, but I probably won't get to them for awhile.

I used 20 gage floral wire to keep the petals stiff and assembled them all together in floral foam. They were easy to hang on the wall--I just poked a hole in the foam and voila! As I was making these I wondered to myself how many hundreds of people had made the very same sort of thing, but any photos just hadn't made it to the top of the google image searches. All the supplies can be found at Walmart. I wonder these sort of things about my crafts often... "how many people are making this very same thing right now..."

2 comments:

Alisha said...

i LOVE these. i say that about a lot of things but i really mean it this time. i will be copying this. also, i have never seen it done before and i frequent crafty blogs/websites etc.

Christina Dalton said...

That is so cute! They look professional quality.