Monday, March 08, 2010

I feel like a rock star!

A rock star of puppet-making, that is.
I feel like I've found a new calling in life, and it is making puppets. I can not believe how satisfying this is! It's so exciting to discover an ability, such as visualizing 2-dimensional patterns for 3-dimensional puppets, that I never knew I had. I feel like I could make anything!
I made another Lucky, just to make sure I could duplicate my pattern. I could. I changed his eyes a little to try something new. So much fun!
Meet Bruno. First puppet variation of the original pattern. He came together like clockwork. Not a glitch in sight. It made me so happy.
This is Luke (the Babe named him). He was inspired by a comment from Trent. When he mentioned that his son went around making elephant noises I thought, "If I could make an elephant puppet, I could make anything." Voila! Ok, so he isn't perfect, he looks a little like Gonzo, but he is recognizable as an elephant, right?
This is Susan's best friend, Sally. This is the only photo I have of her and she wasn't quite finished here. She is now living with her new family and is receiving lots of lovin'.

Hurray for puppets! I will be returning the borrowed sewing machine in a few days, so I don't know how many more puppets will be posted any time soon. Sad, I know. I sure have enjoyed it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't know how happy it makes me to see you combining graphics and 3 dimensional objects to create a beautiful art/craft-form I'm just lovin' it
Dad

Ryan said...

Britta, I think it's time for you to open an Etsy store.

-Ryan