Monday, January 11, 2010

Starting the day

with a dozen caramels may sound like a good idea, but it isn't. I'm crashing and it's not even 10 a.m. yet. And I have a stomachache. But, mmm mmm mmm, they were yummy.

I made these caramels last night because 1) I meant to make them during the holidays but never got around to it and had all the ingredients, 2) I LOVE almond and caramel together, especially in almond snickers and wanted to see if I could make something close to it, 3) I wanted to.

I'm brand spanking new to candy making. I think I've made one or two attempts in the past, but candy is tricky. These were a little firmer than I hoped they would be, but overall I'm pleased with my first attempt at caramels. Maybe I should coat them in chocolate. Mmmm.

I used this recipe, but added toasted almonds to the pan before I poured the caramel.

No comments: