Thursday, January 07, 2010

Muffin Decadence ...almost

I got a delicious baking book for Christmas. I decided to christen its entrance into my kitchen with a recipe titled "Pralines-and-Cream Pecan-Caramel Muffins." Seriously. How can you go wrong with a name like that?
They were delicious even if they didn't look it. They actually looked kind of gross. Let me tell you what's in them. After a really yummy muffin batter with ground pecans in it, you squeeze a "squirt" of caramel sundae topping on the batter in the muffin cup, then you spoon on a cream cheese cheesecake-like layer over that, then you top it off with a pecan streusel and bake it. YUM! Next time I need to be more careful with the sundae topping. It burnt along the edges and made everything look bad.

Also, note to self: get fresh baking powder. I think my baking powder expired in 2005.

No comments: