Sunday, January 12, 2014

Cookie Plates for Christmas

My Husband and I like the tradition of making cookie plates to pass to friends and neighbors for Christmas. It's something we did growing up and have fond memories of. This year, I think we hit a great balance of flavors.


The husband has perfected his chocolate chip cookie recipe and I love my molasses cookies. Those have always been our staples. This year we also included caramels (plain and salted with chocolate [those were a big hit]), and the new, exciting attempt at candied orange peels, dipped in chocolate, no less. I googled a handful of recipes so I thought I could wing it, but this recipe needs more perfecting. I think I cooked the orange peels a little too hot and long, so they were a little hard.


But MMMmmmm they were tasty.

No comments: