Monday, April 05, 2010

Wish fulfillment

I got a sewing machine on Wednesday! You know what this means? More puppets! And now that I have it, I'm thinking of all sorts of clothing ideas, toys, quilts... But first, on my list is home improvements. You see, I need to make my home look pretty so someone will want to buy it. These are actually projects that I've been planning for years, but only now got to do them.

Commence project window valance:

I made two of these for my bedroom windows. Three or four years ago I bought two faux scarf valances like this picture, but quickly learned that they only look good in threes. I loved the fabric, though, so wanted to make something more suitable. Now I have! This was probably the most makeshift and imprecise process I've ever used, but with the final result you would never know. My husband calls me the MacGyver of quilting and that title really fit for this project.

Project sofa pillows (the brown ones):

The previous pillows were pretty flat and had ugly fabric. That's all I have to say about that. Pillows are easy peasy. (p.s. I love the husband's casual glance to the side and leg posed especially for the photo.)

I have one more room to fix curtains for and then I will be back on the puppet train. I'm so excited! I have some fun ones coming up.


No comments: